- Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Penguins GM Ray Shero:
“We’re playing well, getting healthy, and that means more than anything. If I could get a 40-goal scorer or something that makes sense, I’d do that. But …”
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Many are looking to see what Senators GM Bryan Murray will do. The Senators are interested in Tuomo Ruutu, along with the Bruins, Rangers, Flyers, Blackhawks and Predators. Though there are some reports that he’s off the market, one executive said Saturday that he wasn’t. To get Ruutu could be costly, a top prospect (perhaps Mark Stone or Stefan Noesen) and a 1st round pick, which is not going to happen. The Senators have been listening to offers for Filip Kuba. It’s doubtful that it happens, but is possible. Sergei Gonchar could also get dealt.
- Kevin McGran of the Toronto Star: McGran lists teams that will be buyers, sellers or will stand pat. Buyers: Rangers, Maple Leafs, Flyers, Capitals, Sharks, Canucks, Kings, Predators, Blackhawks, Devils and Stars. Sellers: Blue Jackets, Hurricanes, Oilers, Lightning, Sabres, Wild and Canadiens. Standing Pat: Red Wings, Flames, Islanders, Senators, Jets, Ducks, Bruins, Panthers, Penguins, Blues, Coyotes and Avalanche. Hot Commodities: Rick Nash, Ryan Suter, Jeff Carter, Luke Schenn, Sam Gagner and Ryan Miller. Buyer Beware: Scott Gomez, Rick DiPietro, Alexander Semin, Dustin Penner and Brad Boyes. Coveted Young Players: Cory Schneider, Jonathan Bernier, Sergei Bobrovski, James van Riemsdyk, Jake Gardiner, Cody Hodgson, Michael Del Zotto and Ryan McDonagh
- Randy Miller via twitter: Miller doesn’t think the chances of the Flyers re-signing Matt Carle are good.
- David Pollak via twitter: Sharks winger Marty Havlat is skating in San Jose and is aiming for a mid-March return.
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Oilers goalie Nikolai Khabibulin didn’t finish last night’s game after he tweaked his groin, but it may also have been exhaustion. Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard is out with concussion symptoms.
- Rich Chere of the Star-Ledger: The Devils have put defenseman Adam Larsson on the IR, and have recalled Peter Harrold.
- Michael Russo via twitter: The Wild have re-signed Kyle Brodziak to a 3 year deal worth $8.49 million.