- Lyle Richardson of Spectors Hockey: Richards provides a list of players who he thinks won’t be traded this season. Shea Weber and Ryan Suter (NASH) – As long as they are in the playoff race, don’t expect the Predators to trade either. Jarome Iginla (CAL) – As of now he doesn’t want to be traded, and GM Jay Feaster doesn’t want to trade him. Rick Nash and Jeff Carter (CBJ) – Both players and their agents have denied the rumors that they want out of Columbus. Kris Versteeg (FLA) – The Panthers won’t move their leading scorer. Eric Staal and Cam Ward (CAR) – The Hurricanes are looking to make moves but Staal and Ward are their cornerstones. Teemu Selanne (ANA) – Ducks GM Bob Murray insists that Selanne will retire a Duck. Daniel Alfredsson (OTT) – There was rumors that Alfredsson may want to go to a contender, but he said he wasn’t in a hurry to leave Ottawa. Zach Parise (NJ) – As long as the Devils in the playoff race, he won’t be dealt. Shane Doan and Ray Whitney (PHO) – Doan (UFA) has said he wants to finish his career with the Coyotes. Whitney won’t be shopped as long as they are in a playoff race. Josh Gorges (MON) – **re-signed with the Canadiens after this piece was written. Tuukka Rask (BOS) – Rask will be the Bruins future starting goalie. Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider (VAN) – Luongo has a big salary and a no-trade clause. Schneider is great insurance if Luongo gets hurt and the Canucks are not in a hurry to move him.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov names their Winter Classic starter yesterday:
“I have great news and even better news,” said Bryzgalov, who has lost four straight and struggled through most of the season. “Great news: I’m not playing [Monday]. And good news: We have a chance to win the game.”
- Ben Kuzma of the Vancouver Province: Canucks forward Chris Higgins was back practicing yesterday. He spent 2 days in a hospital last week for treatment and tests. Higgins had a staph infection in his foot 3 weeks ago, and had a slash cut on his hand last week that swelled up. Manny Malhotra is expected to be in the lineup against the Sharks, he took a shot off his foot on Saturday. Roberto Luongo will start in net.
- Tom Gulitti of the Bergon Record: Zach Parise and the NJ Devils are now able to sign a contract extension, but “There’s nothing scheduled or anything,” according to Parise. Lou normally doesn’t negotiate contracts during the season but Parise could be an exception like Martin Brodeur was.
- Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Penguins forwards Pascal Dupuis (upper-body injury) and Arron Asham (lower-body injury) left Satruday’s game. Asham blocked a shot with his foot. Dupuis’ injury was not detectable.
- Helene Elliott of the LA Times: Kings forward Simon Gagne remains out indefinitely with a concussion.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Semyon Varlamov will start in a net for the Avalanche tonight against the Kings.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Martin Brodeur will start in net for the Devils tonight against the Senators.